Cast on Stitch-Brazilian Embroidery

Have been playing around with cast on stitch .Here's what I ended up with.


Since it was a trial attempt , I used anchor cotton embroidery threads.The single leaf is done in alternate satin or leaf stitch with some stitches extended a bit to give the edgy look. Does it resemble some flower? I want to give a name to it. I was inspired by a certain kind of flower and was trying to recreate it.And no.. I'm not going to tell you what was it supposed to be..that's a secret... May be you can try guessing :))

Comments

  1. Wow - such amazing stitches!!!

    Thanks for participating in The Great Comment Expedition on Feeling Stitchy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks better than mine did!! I too used Ancor, but the #8 and #12 peral cottons for my trials - more like the Brazilian threads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call it Deepa's Sunset Rose!!! Thanks for the information about using Anchor perle cotton for practice.

    Hugs
    joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepa,
    Awed by the beauty of this flower..so beautiful, beautiful colour shades...i copied this flower to try someday...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment