Brazilian embroidery Applique on Cushion Cover

Here's where the Peacock ended up.



Over here in India, Salwar Kurtha or Churidar is a common day to day attire. And in most cases there will be a dupatta (shawl)  which is supposed to cover our ample bosoms (I lack that too) and ofcourse for style .A dupatta adds to the beauty of the dress.You can use it as intended , to cover up or you can put it in such a way that it does not cover your assets at all .Whatever be the case, once the dress is old and discarded, many a times the dupatta gets left out - probably because it has not been damaged or because it is too pretty to be given away. The homemaker's thrifty mind thinks of the possibilites with the dupatta  :)

Why am I telling you this? Because that's what I did with a couple of my old dupattas. I got them converted into cushion covers and then I appliqued the peacock on it with herringbone stitch. 

Here it is. A quick and easy applique. I used Anchor metallic thread for the herringbone.Thankfully for once, the thread did not give much trouble.And the gentleman does look royal over there .

Hmm...two duppatas down,ten more to go!!!!  :))

That's all for today. Wish me luck my friends, tomorrow I teach all that you see on the cushion to a bunch of eager ladies from different parts of Bangalore.

Love,luck and sunshine,
Deepa

Comments

  1. Have fun tomorrow, Deepa! Hope it goes well. Wish I could be there! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that our national bird has got what he deserves. It’s looking great...

    My best wishes are with you dear for tomorrow...hope you have a great time......Wish I cud be there as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day, I am your ladies will really enjoy themselves. Great place for the peacock

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi deepa
    its looks awesome and lovely write up about dupatta:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a good job with Odnis.Wonder where all my odnis are!But NO,you take the credit for patience.All the best for the classes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. have fun... wish you a wonderful day tomorrow..... the peacock looks too good..........lovely idea.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best....have fun.....would be there next time :) love madhavi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really good. And such a great thrift project as well!!
    I like the new look of your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deepa, what a great idea for your peacock, it looks lovely on the cushion.... good luck tomorrow, have fun! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice work deepa, have u got a sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice pillow!!

    let's strike a deal- i post a photo of gazpacho and you post a photo of a dupatta :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your peacock looks so at home and is a majestic creature.. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emh..u too..i think all indian women have this idea of converting old uniform/duppatta to pillow cover and you have thought little different to end up with cushion cover..emh..not a bad idea...your cushion looks gorgeous. Post step by step process to convert a duppatta to cushion cover. I would love to know. I've hell lot of duppatta lying around. I can try my hand on that too. The piping around the cushion is perfect. stopping here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. forgot to mention that you have a new cover to the blog...emh, podhiya look, podhiya style..kollam..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good work. Keep publishing posts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful fabric. Thanks for your creativity in design and color. Love the flower that you have put on pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment